• We have updated our Community Code of Conduct. Please read through the new rules for the forum that are an integral part of Paradox Interactive’s User Agreement.

GrenadierSchube

Colonel
66 Badges
Nov 30, 2009
  • Hearts of Iron III
  • Victoria 2: A House Divided
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Leviathans Story Pack
  • Cities: Skylines - Natural Disasters
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Together for Victory
  • Stellaris: Federations
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44
  • Cities: Skylines - Mass Transit
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mandate of Heaven
  • Stellaris: Ancient Relics
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Death or Dishonor
  • Cities: Skylines - Campus
  • Steel Division: Normand 44 - Second Wave
  • Cities: Skylines - Green Cities
  • Stellaris: Digital Anniversary Edition
  • Stellaris: Humanoids Species Pack
  • Stellaris: Apocalypse
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rule Britannia
  • Steel Division: Normandy 44 -  Back to Hell
  • Cities: Skylines - Parklife
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Expansion Pass
  • Stellaris: Distant Stars
  • Europa Universalis IV: Dharma
  • Imperator: Rome Deluxe Edition
  • Europa Universalis IV: Golden Century
  • Europa Universalis IV: Rights of Man
  • Europa Universalis IV
  • Hearts of Iron 4: Arms Against Tyranny
  • Hearts of Iron IV: La Resistance
  • Hearts of Iron IV: No Step Back
  • Europa Universalis IV: Call to arms event
  • Victoria 3 Sign Up
  • Victoria 2
  • 500k Club
  • Europa Universalis IV: El Dorado
  • Battle for Bosporus
  • Europa Universalis IV: Common Sense
  • Stellaris: Lithoids
  • Hearts of Iron IV: By Blood Alone
  • Europa Universalis 4: Emperor
  • Europa Universalis IV: Mare Nostrum
  • Hearts of Iron IV Sign-up
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet
  • Hearts of Iron IV: Colonel
  • Europa Universalis IV: Cradle of Civilization
  • Cities: Skylines
  • Victoria 2: Heart of Darkness
  • Stellaris
  • Cities: Skylines Industries
russian_imperial_standard_1699-1917.gif

Rise of the Eastern Bear

Welcome to another AAr about my experiences playing another country, this time I decided to choose Russia and see how things would turn out, we play weekly on Sunday for a few hours here is the player list as of now:

Nation/player list:

Prussia - rotarr
Sweden - Olchardwell
UK - Rastous
Austria - KenG
Russia - GrenadierSchube
France - Enabran
Sardinia-Piedmont - Phase
Two Sicilies - VonOstman
Ottoman Empire - Twichy_boy
Spain - Wartoz
Japan - Wittyname
Netherlands - Beg_Birdal
USA - pilis
Brazil - jpr123
China - Fryz
Belguim - hygge0302
Chile - mephy
Also it is just regular patch 1.2 no mods.

It will vary between narrative and discussions between the current Tsar and the ever loyal assistance Vladmir Kustov, The Imperial Voice of the Tsar.

Last edited:
Prologue: The Start of Something Unexpected

Romanovshome.jpg
Imperial Summer Palace, somewhere near Crimea

Footsteps are heard as a tall, thin, but extremely well decorated youngster made his way up the steps of the Imperial Palace. He did not want to attract to much attention from the citizens and military personnel nearby as he had just returned from St. Petersburg with some very dangerous news: The old aging Tsar, Alexander II, had died of pneumonia over the night and with that the Empire itself was soon to be in turmoil. There were three successors to the title of Tsar, but if he had it his way, the true ruler would gain control of the empire first.

After catching his breath he slowly walked down the, fixing his shirt and tie, being ready to deliver the news to the eldest of the three sons. This one man could forever change how the world viewed the aging Russian Empire, from a primitive angry warmongering, to a shining example of the industrial age and one who should be respected around the globe. That mans' name was Aleksandrovich Romanov.

TsarofRussiaAleksandrovichRomanov.jpg

The Heir to be, His majesty Aleksandrovich Romanov​

With that, the door containing the heir to be was quietly opened and in walked the Imperial Voice of the Tsar, Vladmir Kustov.

Vladmir, thinking to himself began to ponder how to deliver the news of the death of this brilliant tacticians' father without himself becoming a victim of the wrath of a son who loses a father. In the end he decided the best policy was an honest policy

Vladmir: Greetings my Lord, I bring tidings from St. Petersburg that you must hear at once! It is the utmost importance that I speak with you concerning the future of the Empire since all is at stake in this precious hour! Your Father, Alexander II, has died over the weekend quite suddenly from his illness of pneumonia. I have come to inform you in his dying wish that you were to succeed him in his place. I think it is ---

With that he silenced himself and bit his tongue, as Aleksandrovich Romanov had raised his hand ever so slightly. Usually on a good day this ment more wine or more guest for a party, but Vladmir knew better this time it was better to speak when spoken to in these crucial hours for the Empire. A stern look was on the New Tsar's face as he contemplated his next moves. All knew that Alexei Alexandar had the respect and admiration of the Navy, while his other brother, Grand Duke Sergei Alexandrovich of Russia, had the respect of the aristocrats who still wielded significant power in the advisor counsels. Aleksandrovich Romanov ever so quitely walked over to the window and asked a simple question...

Aleksandrovich Romanov: Will there be bloodshed? is there any chance to avoid it? If it comes to preserving the Empire you know I will do every and anything in my power to avoid it, but we both know my brothers wish for war and glory, something they know little about...both we not born yet and were not told the stories of how our Grandfather defeated Napoleon only after losing so many lives, but yet wish to extend our influence elsewhere, This is not for the benefit of our people, but more for their appetite of conquest and glory. So they, themselves, would forever be remembered. How are my loyalist? are they still on my side?

Vladmir contemplated this statement to himself, he had chosen wisely in the successor process. As the old Tsar had died suddenly and unexpectedly in his sleep he had named no successor, leaving a chance for three way civil war that could effectively destroy the empire and all that had been accomplished through the years.
Europe1836.jpg

The Russian Empire as of 1836​

Vladmir: My lord they have always been loyal to you, ever since the uprisings in Finland, Ukraine, and across the Empire. You traveled with the army, gave healing to the injured, walked among them and treated them as equals. The Army is forever in your league, they call you Милосердный (Merciful One) and will follow you to whatever end.

russianinfantry.jpg

They Will Follow You Anywhere, even into the depths of Hell itself

Aleksandrovich Romanov continued to gaze at the small fire he had made early that day, even in summer time Russia is still Russia...with the army at my side I can avoid the inevitable deaths of thousands with the sacrifice of a few...but can I kill my own brothers? is it safe to keep them alive and imprison them? or make a story up about their disappearances? Sigh, decisions decisions...

Aleksandrovich Romanov: Vladmir, do I have your loyalty? will you forever stand by my side as all your ancestors have over the years? will you do whatever is necessary for your country?

Vladmir: Of course my lord, I came straight here did I not? I made sure no one but the doctor and myself knew of this tragedy, ever since your mother died at a young age he stayed true to her and never had a mistress, so yes only the three of us know at this current moment that your father has passed on.

With those words I began to see a change in my new Tsars eyes, it looked like mixed sorrow with anger. One could only wish to comprehend what was happening to my lords inner self and if he could handle such a difficult situation. I wonder what he will----

Aleksandrovich Romanov: I will not have bloodshed for the beginning of my reign. You know my dreams and desires my friend, they do not involve mass conquest or imperialistic gains across the globe, I wish for my people to live and prosper. To grow into the nation they are destined to be part of, and to continue living with the best living standards as I have to offer. Outside is a contingent of my most loyal Cossacks, they have fought many battles with me and will obey any command you give them, but my siblings must be controlled, either capture them....or destroy them. Either way there must be a story of what happened to them if they do not join me willingly...I trust you will be able to handle this?

Vladmir: Of course my liege I will attend to this matter at once, Long live Sacred Russia! Long live Tsar Aleksandrovich Romanov, The Merciful! I will go and do what must be done to preserve your rule!

And with that he stormed off, fear and excitement in his heart, he had looked the Tsar in the eyes and forever changed the course of history with his little white lie. Now he was off to join with the most notorious band of Cossacks the world has ever known, the RRNs or more commonly known as, Romanov's Rough Necks. For this group of esteemed men had never lost a battle and suffered less than 20 KIAs in their entire service career. So with the fall of a tyrant, rose a man of the people, one who would lead Vladmirs' nation into the world of chaos and imagination, hopefully making it out alive.

RussianCossacks.jpg

The RRN or Romanov's Rough Necks, as they prepared for the upcoming events

In the end only one brother was killed during the silent but quick Coup that Vladmir had planned, in reality the Throne was meant to go to Sergei Alexandrovich, but Vladmir knew that he would quickly fall under the influence of the Aristocrats, as he had already plunged deeply into the corrupt world with little chance of survival. So when the RRN had come to imprison him, he went for his sword only to be shot by Vladmir himself, the rumor was Sergei went into self exile within Serbia to become one with his religion, while Alexei Alexandar willingly swore his loyalty to his brother, as they were close in their younger days. With that the worst political blunder in history was averted, with the Merciful one firmly in control with little to worry, other than to ponder what moves to make in the years to come....

I am waiting with bated breath!

Good to know I got a follower willing to post! =D our first game is tomorrow so ill see what I can do about a post before the day ends!

well i might be spoil...;-) i guess the central topic will be the international economic crisis..and maybe the ridicoulus action of japan in europe with all europeans watching..and maybe that the austrians did the outreagous thing to attack the pope

Chapter One: The Recession of the World

Absolute Chaos

This was the only thing on Vladmir's mind today. The very world as he once knew was wrenched down so far and so fast that no body had a clue to what was happening, out of the corners of the earth, thousands if not millions of men, women, and children died due to the huge economic recession that plagued the world. Nations dropped out of the Great power spot left and right, economies disappeared instantly, worst of all the only goods on the market that were producing any kind of income....were materials of war. Sadly even the might Russia did not escape this horrific disaster, they too went bankrupt at one point, losing all industrial gains and capitalist/middle class citizens. People were starving by the thousands....

worldmarket-1.jpg

The World Market, 5 Years after the Great Recession, still recovering

Vladmir picked up his pace at this moment, quickly descending the stairs to the lower chamber, as the lords of the east call it, "The Bears Den". He quickly made his way inside and excused his tardiness as he was retrieving news around the world regarding what other nations had done to compensate themselves for the hard hit recession.

Vladmir: My Tsar I have returned as you have requested, much sooner than I had intended but as soon as I heard you needed my presence I came as quickly as I could. But before we begin about world politics I would like to discuss are recent pushes to encourage new members of society.

Capitalist.jpg

beaucrats.jpg

Aleksandrovich Romanov: More Bureaucrats? I thought you taught me not to trust these men as they once supported my brother in the quiet coup attempt of 1832...

Vladmir: My Tsar you know just as much as I do that they are necessary to collect revenue from our people to support our adventures and funding towards our industry. Even though the industry in russia is currently--

Vladmir quickly shut his mouth at the death glare from Aleksandrovich. He forgot how the Tsar had forbade much information to be given to his cabinet members except for himself. As he does not yet wish to risk a revolt from the upper class to try and dispose of him, Aleksandrovich must first win the support of the ruling elite, as he already has the support of the middle and poor classes who love him to this day.

Aleksandrovich: That is quite enough Vladmir, I wish for you to disclose the de-classified documents of world affairds now to my members and fellow country men as they were probably very confused since last time we met and disclosed to the world of our plans...

Ah yes my plans, Aleksandrovich thought to himself, all were shattered in the first few months of 1836 when the world market collasped entirely, it was a good thing we were able to pay off our debts to society before a major revolution broke out but now we have achieved part of my goals for this empire....we finally have access to the Indian Ocean.

Fromseatoshiningsea.jpg

The Persians themselves were hit harder than anyone withing the region, their entire army had revolted against the government in bread riots and demands for pay. When Generals from the Persian Elite class came forward in secret talks, I gladly accepted them into my Bear Den. They informed me that their loyalty to the Tsar was now fulfilled, as they were tired of the economic downfall caused by their government and they saw how we had pulled ourselves out of the recession. So naturally when they asked to be brought into the empire, I accepted and naturally sent the RRN into persia...

Battle.jpg

Vladmir: Might I say so sir, it was quite a great idea to send the calvary in rather than regular infantry! The war was over before it even started as that was the sole battle that took place within Persian Territory. Though what worried us most was the brief Austria-Greek Alliance against our friends to the south, The Ottoman Empire. Though it ended with the Ottomans just cutting the Greeks down to size, we quickly had mobolized the army and stationed them on Austria's border....just in case. Then Austria invaded the Papal States, along with Japanese aggression against Serbia and Montenegro! Montenegro was completely annexed, while the fate of Serbia was to be decided...They also managed to gain Taiwan from the Chinese.

Aleksandrovich: Ah yes....we shall see how these world events turn out, but for now we have other plans and things to worry about rather than world politics, I must focus on my people and their upbringing, we must become one unified nation, one that all shall respect...

Yes....they shall respect us. As I look out across my Empire I see starving children, people without work, rebels being organized against me...but they will all learn to love me as much as I love my country. Never again will Russia suffer the way she did in 1836, I shall bring her great honor and prestige, focusing on my people rather than world politics...My people will adore me forever naming me "The Man of the People".

well i might be spoil...;-) i guess the central topic will be the international economic crisis..and maybe the ridicoulus action of japan in europe with all europeans watching..and maybe that the austrians did the outreagous thing to attack the pope

I wish I had gotten screenshots of the little things! which is why i will again ask any involved in the multiplayer to send me battle shots, territory gains, anything you think deserves to be posted!

maybe even the bankruptcy of Sardinia and Piedmont, or the aggression of the South American Nations!

next week another update coming on sunday

Diplomacy

Aleksandrovich Romanov: Now Vladmir, do tell me how we are viewed on the world stage when it comes to most nations? Obviously some of the Persian elite view us as conquerers....but we all know the general population views us as their saviors as food and other goods have been shipped en mass south to feed the starving populations. Our support in the region is supreme, as almost absolutely no one has left the regions for other nations, but instead an INCREASE from the remaining Persian territories to ours has been noticed...

Vladmir: Indeed my Tsar are swift diplomatic skills have been seen across the globe, first we almost had a war on our hands with the British, who viewed our "liberation" of Persia as threatening to their security...how that is we do not understand considering they have colonies across the globe, including a dissected India to keep control...They voiced their protests and war almost broke out until a compromised was reached and all was kept well.

Meanwhile with the Ottomans to the south, are relations are more than great, but fantastic, as a mutual defense pact was made between our two great nations. When the Ottoman Empire was off humiliating the Greeks, the Austrian Military prepared to march over the undefended borders in the north, we quickly responded with deploying the 1st Russian Reactionary force along with your Royal Roughnecks to the scene just in case, nonetheless nothing happened as the Austrians thought the Ottomans had planned a conquest of the Greek nation, which was in fact incorrect.

Aleksandrovich Romanov: Good good....it bodes us well to help keep the peace in central Europe, we rather not have to see bloodshed across the plains of Europe, What of the aggressive ways of the Japanese? What of the Chinese?

Vladmir: Indeed they have rapidly expanded, we let them access to our territory only to see them invade Montenegro and Serbia. We heard violent protests from across the way and are waiting to see what will be done, as we have already relinquished all claims on the Balkan Peninsula, it is not our affair. The Chinese meanwhile have sent delegations, many gifts, and promises of friendship as we have a long border with them which makes it quite useful to keep them close rather than be wary of them. The Emperor of the Middle is very gracious and accommodating to our diplomats.

Aleksandrovich Romanov: And finally what of our Swedish neighbors to the west? Last I heard they were fighting Pan Scandinavian Nationalists? I remember dispatching our 2nd Reactionary force to aide them in this en-devour and it seemed to oppress the rebellion, we also seem to be allied to them?

Vladmir: Indeed the Swedes sent us many requests and eventually we agreed to come to their aide in any event necessary...hopefully we will enjoy the peace while it lasts to help improve our great nation....

Aleksandrovich Romanov: Good I expect an update over the weekend with the overall situation of Russia, we must move forward if we are to survive...

This will sadly not continue, as the global recession has made it basically unplayable for me, I could not even get a single factory to produce more than .22 $ WITH subsidies per month -.-